Music is all embracing: there is a hint of poetry, colours, architecture and theatre within music.
I began to explore Cross-Arts collaboration during my DMus years. I was investigating and reflecting on my own performance practice as a pianist through the lenses of other arts, as well as trying to create new concert experiences for performers and audience alike.
Since then, I have been involved with several Cross-Arts collaborations:
– Debussy Explosion in 2015 (with visual artist)
– Deal Festival 2015 (with painter, potter, and dancers)
– DMus recital in 2016 (with two visual artists and actors)
– Trinity Laban Music and Arts Festival 2017 (with visual projection)
– Deal Festival 2018 (with two dancers and film makers)
– Charity concerts of music and poetry for ‘Aid to the Church in Need’ in 2019 and 2020
– Anthology of Music and Words video for Music Links/Everyone Matters Charity in 2021